Bronya Fire Protection
The composition is designed to increase the fire resistance of steel structures from 45 up to 120 minutes.
Composition Fire Protection
The flame retardant properties of the coating meet the requirements of GOST R 53295-2009.
Fireproof paint or Bronya fire protection (R45, R60, R90, R120) is used to qualitatively improve the fire safety of enclosure structures. The ease of application of the protective material eliminates the need for additional installation work. Fire-retardant paints are reliable and durable, so paint fire protection is convenient and quick. This is especially true for hard-to-reach places – disassembly is not required for repeated firefighting work.
Dependence of the “BRONYA PROTECTION AGAINST FIRE” coating thickness (mm) on the required fire resistance (R) and the reduced metal thickness (PTM)
Reduction of the thickness of the steel structure, mm
|Fire resistance limit, min|
|7.2 and more||0,65||0,95||0,85||1,25||1,3||1,83||2,3||3.2|
Benefits of Bronya Fire Retardant
- Favorable market value;
- Low consumption with very high flame retardant and physico-mechanical characteristics;
- When used with ZhKTM, it does not alter the thermophysical properties of the coating (including competitive brands) and allows the system to achieve an NF flammability rating;
- Unlike analogues, the composition “Bronya-Fire Protection” is subject to staining, while the fire resistance of the coating does not deteriorate; Cost effective application for flame retardant applications;
- Rational labor costs and low labor cost;
- The coating (without additional protective layer) is intended for indoor use for 30 years;
- The quality of the protective composition allows us to do what until recently was considered impossible in Russia – to protect lightweight metal structures up to the R120 degree. The composition was specially developed for use in sports and infrastructure facilities, where with a large area of buildings, the load on the enclosing structures is small and the given thicknesses of the supporting metal are small. At the same time, the traditional advantages of Bronya-Protection against fire are fully preserved – low costs, ease of application and long service life of the coating.
Fire protection tasks for each object are different. Our experts help you choose the best solution for each object. Recommendations for the choice of a protection system, development of special technical conditions, expert approvals, calculations. Specialists from the engineering and technical department advise both on design solutions for the fire safety section and on the preparation and execution of works – and in some cases our consultations have allowed the customer to significantly reduce the cost of fire protection.
How Bronya-Fire Protection works?
When heated, vapors and inert gases are released, which do not support or slow combustion, and a protective replacement of oxygen by gases and vapors is formed. Thus, flame retardant paints not only block thermal convection at the surface to be protected, but also significantly reduce and suppress flame. At the same time, the upper layer of the protected surface thickens, cokes and acquires the required rigidity. The paint contains flame retardants, specialized blowing agents, foam layer stabilizers and heat-resistant substances based on a polymer binder.
Field of applications
- Metal structures of oil refinery infrastructure (refineries);
- Chemical company facilities, including those that are a source of exposure to mildly and moderately aggressive acidic or alkaline environments;
- Open and closed parking lots, everything, overpasses;
- Civil engineering objects without any restrictions;
- Other objects for which it is advisable to use flame retardant paints without topcoats.
Technical characteristics of the fire-retardant composition “Bronya Protection against fire”
|P / p No.||Name of indicator||Standard for brand|
|1||Appearance||White, thick and homogeneous mass, dries to a matte finish|
|2||Mass fraction of non-volatile substances,%, not less than||50|
|3||Drying time at degree 3 at a temperature of (20 ± 2) ºC, hours, no more||1|
|4||Brookfi Ice dynamic viscosity, MPa.sec, not less than||17 000|
|5||Grinding degree, micron, not more than||50|
|6||Peeling of the coating||Must not peel off the metal|
Application of fire retardant
Recommended primers: GF-021 or Epiprime-046
Methods : brush, trowel, Graco airless sprays
Apply the composition under the following conditions:
- air temperature – +5 ÷ +35 ºС;
- relative air humidity – no more than 80%;
- the difference between the air temperature and the dew point is more than 3 ºС;
precipitation – absent;
- the state of the atmosphere – according to GOST 17.2.3.02.
Interlaminar drying: 5-6 hours to degree “3” at 20°С
Combined application of Bronya-Fire Protection composition and liquid ceramic heat-insulating coatings of the Bronya series.
A fire-retardant and heat-insulating coating based on the Bronya Fire Protection composition is a system consisting of a series of Bronya special coatings, a Bronya liquid ceramic heat-insulating coating, a Bronya Fire fire-retardant coating) water repellent layer Bronya.
“Bronya Fire Protection” has the following advantages:
- Increases the fire resistance (R) of the structures to be coated, from R45 to R120. The choice of thickness is determined using tables 1 and 2.
- When used with ZhKTM, it does not alter the thermophysical properties of the coating (including competitive brands) and allows the system to achieve an NF flammability rating.
- Unlike analogues, the “Bronya-Fire Protection” composition is subject to staining, while the fire resistance of the coating does not deteriorate.
- It has a common basis with ZHKTM Bronya, which when used together results in an ideal non-combustible Bronya NF system with excellent fire resistance, physical and thermophysical properties.
- Possibility of using both metal structures (with the use of ZHKTM “Bronya Classic” and “Bronya Antirust”) for fire protection and thermal insulation, and closed structures of structures (using “ Bronya Façade” and “Bronya Winter”).
- The coating (without additional protective layer) is intended for indoor use for 30 years.
- Coating group according to GOST 9.032 – special (5/3).
- The color of the flame retardant coating is white, the tint is not standardized, the composition is tinted no more than 1%.
- The color of the additional layer (protective, decorative) is not regulated.
- Flame retardant efficiency group according to GOST R 53295-2.
- The limit of fire resistance provided by the coating according to GOST 30247 – R15 .. .R 120.
- The flame retardant properties of the coating meet the requirements of GOST R 53295 “Flame retardants for steel structures. General requirements. Method for determining fire retardant efficiency “, GOST 30247.1” Building structures. Fire resistance test methods. Load-bearing and enveloping structures “.
Dependence of the thickness of the dry layer of the “Bronya Fire Protection” coating on the required fire resistance limit and the reduction in metal thickness.
Tabular presentation of the dependence of the thickness of the “Bronya Fire Protection” coating on the fire resistance limit (R) and the required reduced metal thickness (PTM).
|Reduction of the thickness of the steel structure, mm
||Fire resistance limit, min
|7.2 and more||0,65||0,95||0,85||1,25||1,3||1,83||2,3||3.2|